The smell of cookies baking is thought to be so universally loved that real estate agents often bake some in a home before an open house to add some warm fuzzies to the event. But that may just be a myth, according to recent survey by the makers of the Blueair air purifier.
Make no mistake, cookies, brownies, bread…most anything baking…are my personal favorite aromas. But according to research conducted by Blueair in late December, those smells rank at the top of list of “bad” odors people most wanted out of their homes.
Here’s the entire list:
- Cooking and baking smells
- Strong fragrances, such as perfumes
- Household cleaning product odors
- Oven burnt food
- Smelly pets, especially cats and dogs
- Flatulence and other odors from the toilet
- Body odor
- Chemical smells from paint, fillers and glues
- Tobacco and cigar smoke
- Mold and damp